I am intentionally posting these Christmas wish lists not for everyone to know but just for the sake of posting something this Christmas haha. No kidding, I’m not really comfortable in receiving gifts from other people, thanks God I dont receive much because I don’t know how to thank and react properly when surprised. Let’s just say I’m more of a giver. I find tremendous joy when I give people presents and see them happy.
Look there are two list in this post: one is from the child in me and the other the young man that I am. The former is a materialistic line up that can be bought on malls, but the latter are simple and heartfelt wishes that no amount of money can’t buy.
Ok, lets start with the material things I crave. Dont be surprised they really show the things I’m fascinated and passionate about… except for running since I’m currently injured huhu
1. a BB-8 – There’s been an awakening.. and if you’ve seen the Star Wars: The Force Awakens you’ll know how cute this ball droid is! This thing stole the best scenes in that movies.
2. Kylo Ren mask – yeah another Force Awaken wish list because I really like it’s villain. They say the movie can only be good as the villain is, so how do we top Darth Vader? The answer is we build one, someone who is not 100% bad yet who can be tempted, imperfect, confused and quite messed up. For that I want that mask badly! haha
3. TDSV book – I’m in love with Vietnamese artist Tuyet Dinh Sinh Vat’s works. Big fan of hers so when I heard she’s publishing an artbook of her works I was like: Can I go to Vietnam right now!?
4. Escoda brushes – it’s the finest watercolor brushes out there. I just wanna try them.
5. Heneral Luna DVD – one of the best local film this year is the game-changing biopic of the Filipino-American war hero Gen. Antonio Luna. It just shook the country on how Pinoy films should be made and made a nationwide social awakening on the problems of the country. We need to support this kind of films so I need to buy that DVD… para sa ikauunlad ng bansa. haha
6. Vietnamese coffee – the best coffee in Asia (or even the world) are found in Vietnam. OMG! I really need to go there!
7. Rise of the Tomb Raider video game – I do play video games. And playing a strong female character and solving mysteries in brutal environment is my kind of game. (I’m currently playing Star Wars: Force Unleashed)
8. Rappler sweater – it’s cute and when I’m travelling its cold most of the time so I’d love to have that.
The things listed above makes me happy but they are only material things and in time for sure I can have them in one way or another (like extorting my friends, joke!). However, the items below are the real Christmas list for me. They aren’t much and I have no intention of explaining them on details. I’ll just list them and you guys figure out why they are in it.
1. Parents’ blessings for my next journey
2. Good health and motivation to get back on shape
3. Time and courage to take the Talent Determination Test
4. To have my big sister here this Christmas
5. To go out with friends old and new
6. A successful alumni homecoming this weekend
7. Recapture the magic and love for writing and running
8. To meet and share a cup of coffee with new friends next year! (that includes you Anlee! :p )
There you go; 2 lists, 16 wishes and one big heart humbly wishing all of you a very Merry Christmas and a fruitful New Year 2o16! God bless!